As the apex business chamber, SBF is committed to advocating key issues that impact the Singapore business community, helping enterprises develop capabilities and venture overseas.
We believe that our people are the driving force in helping the business community. We pride ourselves in developing our employees’ and are committed to creating a conducive work environment.
Interested applicants for the job opportunities below are invited to email your cover letter and detailed resume including a recent photograph, contact details, notice period as well as current and expected salaries.
Global Business Division – ASEAN
As part of a new SBF initiative to help companies venture overseas, in particular to ASEAN; Frontier and Emerging Markets; as well as Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), we are hiring 2 dynamic individuals to cover respective regions, namely Thailand and Myanmar.
Reporting to the Director and working with other team members, the candidate should be resourceful, results-driven, self-starter, an individual contributor as well as a team player, who would carry out the following job duties in his/her assigned regions. These positions are based in Singapore and candidate will need to travel regularly to the assigned regions.
- Contribute to SBF's strategy for the assigned region
- Lead the implementation of SBF’s Overseas Centre (OEC) in the assigned region
- Build relationship and collaboration with stakeholders of Trade Associations & Chambers (TACs), Government, Partners and business community for and in your assigned region
- Provision of Advisory Service on your assigned region to Singapore companies
- Implement activities to increase companies’ interest in your assigned region
- Provision of follow-through assistance to companies with a high chance of securing deals or setting up a presence in your assigned region
- Work with Singapore-based TACs to implement activities in your assigned region
- Provision of regular information updates to Singapore companies interested in your assigned region
- Minimally a Degree with at least 10 years of working experience in Business Development, Marketing, Sales or Operations relating to your assigned region
- A good understanding of the local and international business environment, as well as economic and political trends that impact doing business in your assigned region
- Good analytical, strategic, consultation, planning and negotiation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, presentation, facilitation skills and customer relationship skills. Fluency in your assigned region’s language will be a bonus but not critical.
- Ability to handle cross-cultural challenges
- Enthusiasm and strong willingness to travel to your assigned region
- Actual Working, Residence and/or Business/Travel experiences in your assigned region will be a useful advantage
- Familiarity with the business landscape of Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand
- Good leadership skills
- Language proficiency in Thai or Myanmar (in order to build relationship and collaboration with Thai or Myanmar speaking stakeholders of Trade Associations & Chambers (TACs), Government, Partners and business community for and in your assigned region).
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs
Global Business Division – China & North Asia Markets
The primary purpose of this role is to formulate and implement the strategies, programmes, and projects for BRI Connect and Infrastructure Committee. We are also looking for someone with some knowledge on digital platform, including management of content and membership.
- Formulate and implement the BRI Connect (“BRI”) strategies, programmes, and projects, including strategic planning, engagement of BRI key stakeholders and business community
- Formulate and implement the Infrastructure Committee (“IC”) strategies, programmes, and projects, including strategic planning, engagement of IC key stakeholders and business community
- Design, develop, and manage the content for BRI Connect Online Platform
- Organise outreach events and activities with partners for focused countries & sectors, with the aim of matching demand with supply for IC and/or BRI related projects
- Provide secretariat support and other necessary tasks for the SBF management
- Minimally degree in Info Comm, Business, Engineering, or any relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of working experience, preferably with at least 3 years' experience in infrastructure development or related industry
- A good understanding of digital platform management and content strategy
- Relevant business exposure in the China, Southeast Asia and/or South Asia would be an added advantage
- Strong command of project/programme development, project management and budget control skills
- Good analytical, consultation, planning, presentation and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Be able to communicate in Chinese, especially when dealing with external parties involved in BRI projects
- Willing to travel
Global Business Services
The Market Advisor will need to attend to companies’ enquiries on internationalisation and provide advice on next course of action to address their needs. He/she should ensure smooth operations of Advisory Centre by enhancing or maintaining Advisory Centre’s infrastructures, operational flow, and knowledge resources. He/she will collate, report and analyse Advisory Centre performance and Internationalisation Enquiries.
- Attend to companies’ enquiries on internationalisation and provide advice on next course of action to address their needs.
- Attending to and following up with enquires through all Channels of GlobalConnect@SBF Advisory Centre as a single point of engagement, where possible.
- Escalating complex enquiries to appropriate functional experts.
- Ensuring that enquiries attended to are resolved within Service Level Agreement.
- Ensure smooth operations of Advisory Centre by enhancing or maintaining Advisory Centre’s infrastructures, operational flow, and knowledge resources.
- Identifying gaps in existing Advisory Centre’s infrastructures (Hardware and Software system), operational flow, and knowledge resources. Provide and implement solutions to close or narrow the identified gaps.
- Resolving issues arising from Advisory Centre’s infrastructures, both Hardware and Software infrastructure (e.g. CRM system) and conduct training to use those infrastructures.
- Ensuring adherence to Advisory Centre’s operational flow, and conduct training on Advisory Centre’s operational flow.
- Reaching out to and engaging external partners to expand capabilities of Advisory Centre in resolving companies’ internationalisation enquiries.
- Reporting and analysis on Advisory Centre performance and Internationalisation Enquiries.
- Preparing data and information for reporting of Advisory Centre performance.
- Collating all internationalisation enquiries from various departments.
- Analysing internationalisation enquiries to provide insights on business sentiments for internationalisation.
- Conducting presentation about GlobalConnect@SBF through Seminars, Webinars or other platforms as required.
- Assisting in event management for online and offline activities.
- Minimally tertiary education, preferably with two years of working experience in Business Development or Customer Servicing. Candidates with no experiences may apply
- A good understanding of local and international business environment, as well as economic and political trends
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in CRM system will be advantageous
- Good business acumen
- Passionate to help companies grow internationally
- Presentable with confidence in engaging businessperson
- Comfortable working in start-up environment
- Self-motivated in face of challenges
- Excellent attention to details
- Able to work both independently and in collaboration with multiple teams
SBF Business Institute
- Project planning, implementing and managing overall deliverables for programme in accordance to the deliverables
- Managing and planning of workshops and annual event
- Close intensive follow up on all leads especially end to end process from events /enquiries to training intakes
- Targeted visits, industrial immersions and personalised meeting to the potentials’ premises, catering to their specific critical areas of concerns
- Researching on current trends and topics relating to corporate giving within different markets and industries
- Managing and coordinating the development of informational resources for enterprises such as videos, best practices, guides and case studies publications
- Managing the administrative matters on funding from SBFF
- Facilitate company collaborations
- Management of knowledge partners, trainers and vendors
- Generation of quarterly and annual programme summary reports
- Other ad-hoc duties
- Degree in business-related studies or equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in the training industry
- Strong drive, proactive self-starter with creative mind
- Results-oriented with multi-tasking capabilities
- Good customer service skills and likes to interact with people
- Good Teamwork
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, you will lead the Learning and Development function to formulate, source, develop and execute learning and career development solutions and programmes to meet the overall business goals and strategic needs of the organisation. You will also plan and organise employee activities to develop a highly engaged organisation.
A highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic individual with strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage and adapt to changes in a fast-paced work culture will be a pre-requisite for the role. You should also possess excellent interpersonal, people management and collaboration skills, be resourceful and possess positive work attitude and analytical mindset; and a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Develop and organise Learning and Development (L&D) activities to build organisational capability and ensure systematic staff development through a structured Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and Learning Roadmap.
- Establish organisation-wide career progression pathway and competency framework as a key component of employee value proposition.
- Source and work closely with training providers to design, develop and organise various training programmes as well as the L&D strategies, including staff induction and appropriate e-learning strategies to improve overall workforce learning capabilities for current and future roles.
- Partner key stakeholders across the organisation to analyse talent needs; develop solutions and talent management framework; ensure enthusiastic adoption of strategies; and determine their effectiveness in driving business performance.
- Conduct training evaluation and analysis; provide training administration support and maintain training records.
- Recommend, implement and review L&D policies and practices/strategies; and develop L&D budget.
- Establish an Internship Attachment Programme that provides value to the institutes of higher learning and the organisation.
- Plan and organise staff events/activities to enhance employee engagement level.
- Assist to facilitate change management to achieve organisation effectiveness.
- Degree in Human Resource or Business-related discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant human resource experience with a focus on Human Resource Development or Organisational Behaviour
- Experience in developing training programmes with hands-on training coordination, training policy formulation and leadership training program implementation
- Strong knowledge and experience in the areas of talent attraction, talent management and development, performance management and leadership development
- Proficient in MS Office applications and e-learning platforms
Strategy & Development
On 1 January 2018, SBF re-positioned itself as the apex business platform, working closely with the other trade associations and chambers here to promote the growth and vibrancy of the Singapore business community. We also act as the bridge between businesses and our government. As a key part of our re-positioning, SBF has committees of business leaders to champion important issues of concern to significant segments of our business community and pursue activities to help the community itself. Two of such committees are the SBF SME Committee (SMEC) Main Committee and the SBF SMEC Sub-committee on Business Finance & Cost Competitiveness. The SMEC Main Committee actively coordinates the work of the various sub-committees and working groups under its purview with the objective of championing the key concerns and interests of SMEs in Singapore. The focus of the SMEC Subcommittee on Business Finance & Cost Competitiveness is on facilitating SMEs’ access to financing and enabling a cost-efficient environment overall (especially in regard to the cost of regulatory compliance) to facilitate their growth. The overall objective of our efforts is to help our SMEs grow in a competitive manner. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Advocacy & Actions Department. Equipped with the required knowledge and skills, the incumbent must be passionate in helping our SMEs grow as well as to help team members and implement the work of the two committees. This role will involve:
- Co-ordinating the work of the SBF SMEC:
- Staffing of the SMEC Main Committee
- Putting together the SMEC’s overall advocacy messages and its annual recommendations for the Singapore Budget
- Staffing the SBF SMEC Sub-committee on Business Finance & Cost Competitiveness:
- Gather and analyse feedback on the challenges faced by our SMEs on the topics concerned. This is in line with the objective of coming up with the appropriate advocacy messages for Government, our workers and the business community itself, and developing high impact programmes to help the business community.
- Conduct and co-ordinate studies where relevant, in collaboration with our Research & Publishing Department. This may involve putting together case studies of shining examples of companies that have done well on the topics concerned, for other companies to learn from.
- Develop advocacy messages, including our annual SMEC Budget Recommendations, on the topics concerned.
- Develop and operationalize high-impact programmes that are consistent with the advocacy messages of the SMEC Sub-committee on Business Finance & Cost Competitiveness. This will involve collaborating with various stakeholders.
- The role will also involve any other tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned by the organisation.
- Minimally a degree in Business or a relevant discipline.
- A good understanding of the key concerns of our SMEs overall and in the areas of business financing and cost competitiveness (especially with respect to the cost of regulatory compliance), and our Government’s policies and programmes in these areas.
- 2 to 7 years of working relevant experience in the private and/or public sector, especially in helping SMEs to address business financing and cost competitiveness issues (especially with respect to the cost of regulatory compliance). Candidates without experience are also welcome to apply in which the successful candidate will be given the appropriate designation in line with the organisation’s HR policies.
- A passion for helping SMEs to grow.
- Excellent qualitative, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express complex issues simply and logically.
- Proactive and possess the drive and resourcefulness to come up with innovative solutions and recommendations.
- A collaborative mindset with the ability to bring various parties together to achieve results.
- Results-oriented with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Able to work well in a team and as an individual contributor.
- Proficient in organising seminars, workshops and roundtable discussions.
In view of SBF’s continuing effort in enhancing its support for businesses and facilitating the growth of the business community, the role of research is key in the provision of timely and deep sensing that shed meaningful insights on the overall Singapore business environment and issues that matter to the business community. To further deepen its expertise, SBF has established a Business Competitive Centre of Excellence and is looking for prospective candidates in the area of research, who can create value and possess the passion in building a deep and substantial knowledge pool to enhance our role as an effective business advocate. As part of this, the theme of internationalisation plays a prominent role and prospective candidates should also be able to work on issues across markets and subject matters related to internationalisation.
- Provide leadership and guide the other member(s) of the team to develop and analyse statistical models to address issues of concern to businesses.
- Gather and compile data and statistics from one or more source(s) to conduct research and analysis to derive insights from the data / statistics.
- Plan and manage the conduct of research in different geographical markets and a broad range of issues related to internationalization.
- Develop and manage databases that provide reliable, relevant and timely data.
- Charting trends and tracking of indicators across markets.
- Performing industry and sector research that would feed into the production of case studies, topical research reports, newsletters, economic write-ups and other in-depth market studies.
- Collaborating and liaising with government agencies, think-tanks, trade associations, business chambers and the business community at large.
- Conducting workshops and focus group discussions to gather feedback to understand and identify the needs, concerns and future plans of businesses.
- Work closely with respective business units (especially those related to internationalization) to understand and distil key areas of interest and concerns.
- Presentation of findings to Council members and other internal and external stakeholders at relevant platforms.
- Good degree in Economics, Statistics or a relevant discipline with substantial quantitative content.
- 6-8 years of work experience, with more than 5 years of experience in a quantitative research role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and data science tools such as R, SAS, SPSS and Python.
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to learn and apply relevant statistical and analytical tools / techniques for data compilation and analysis.
- Knowledge of big data techniques, business intelligence or visualisation tools would be an advantage.
- Ability to present research and data findings in an easily understandable format that appeals to the business community.
- Ability to bring on board relevant research contacts and partnerships will be a bonus.
- Possess a good understanding of key issues and concerns of SMEs and the wider business community in Singapore.
- Have a good understanding of our Government’s policies, programmes and schemes for businesses as well as government regulations that impact businesses, and have a passion in helping Singapore businesses.
- Strong written and communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage and reach out to external stakeholders and businesses at various levels.
- Comfortable in handling multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in organizing, facilitating and leading focus group discussions and in-depth interviews.
- A self-starter and an effective team player.
Interested applicants should send in their detailed resume (with a recent photograph) together with a cover letter (stating why they are suitable for the role; their notice period; and current and expected salaries) to .