As the apex business chamber, SBF is committed to advocating key issues that impact the Singapore business community, helping enterprises develop capabilities and venture overseas.
We believe that our people are the driving force in helping the business community. We pride ourselves in developing our employees and are committed to creating a conducive work environment.
As part of the Senior Management Team reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Assistant Chief Executive Officer, the primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Southeast Asia & Pacific - Lead the work of SBF’s market teams dealing with the Southeast Asia, Americas & Oceania markets, including the management of bilateral and regional business groups and/or councils
- - Lead and manage business relationships and engagement strategies between Singapore companies and potential partners to support the companies to learn, land and localise their businesses in the Southeast Asia, Americas and Oceania markets
- - Develop and execute plans to support the GlobalConnect@SBF programme and deliver programme targets, including the formation of strategic partnerships
- - Oversee the Singapore Enterprise Centres in Jakarta and Ho Chi Minh City and potential new Centres
- International Relations - Forge and strengthen partnerships with SBF’s regional and international counterparts to identify needs and explore market opportunities for Singapore companies
- - Oversee the management of SBF’s participation at international and regional organisations and workgroup such as B20, APEC Business Advisory Council, World Trade Organisation and International Chamber of Commerce
- - Develop SBF’s institutional knowledge and appreciation of the Singapore business community’s interest on key trade policy issues, including building ability to draft policy positions and a framework for managing the participation of SBF and other Singapore business leaders at international platforms and meetings
- Free Trade Agreements - Oversee the management of the FTA Education & Outreach programme
- - Garner insights on Singapore companies’ internationalisation needs and challenges to provide feedback to the Government on Singapore’s FTA negotiations and reviews
- - Oversee SBF’s plans for FTA outreach seminars, trainings, and workshops to raise awareness and knowledge of Singapore businesses and advise Singapore businesses on how they can benefit from using Singapore’s FTAs
- At least 15 years of relevant working experience, in the private or public sector, in overseas business development or trade facilitation, ideally with in-market experience in Southeast Asia
- Strong track record in leading diverse teams, and in working with internal and external stakeholders and local and international partners
- A strong understanding of local and international business environments, the business landscape in Asia-Pacific (in particular Southeast Asia), trade, economic and political trends, and the workings of relevant international organisations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to draft policy or strategy papers
- Willingness to travel
As part of SBF GlobalConnect initiative to help companies venture overseas, in particular to Southeast Asia (SEA); Frontier and Emerging Markets; as well as Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), we are hiring dynamic individuals to cover SEA markets.
Reporting to the Director and working with other team members, the candidate should be resourceful, results-driven, self-starter, an individual contributor as well as a team player, who would carry out the following job duties in his/her assigned markets. These positions are based in Singapore and candidate will need to travel regularly to the assigned markets.
- The main contact person from SBF to cover the assigned SEA market/s portfolio and oversee end-to-end process of identifying companies, account development, business development, project facilitation, deal origination, and stakeholders management (foreign governments, trade offices, Singapore government)
- Cultivate strategic relationships and build trust with key company executives
- Engage Singapore companies and develop deep understanding of company’s needs and operations for internationalisation projects, with the objective of helping the company to secure overseas sales and/or investments (“Market-push”)
- Identify, negotiate, and structure overseas project opportunities (through “Market-pull” opportunities and platform projects) to secure “win-win” outcomes for Singapore companies
- Build sound understanding of regional markets/ global industry and business trends, and its implications to the Singapore companies
- Provide Market Research and Intelligence inputs on assigned market/region to SBF and highlight the implications (Opportunities/Challenges) to Singapore companies
- A strong interest and passion in facilitating Singapore companies to internationalise
- Able to work with a wide spectrum of Singapore companies (large and SMEs)
- At least 7 to 10 years for Country Head, preferably in a business industry, and/or in sales, business development, managing key accounts and driving successful projects and internationalisation outcomes
- Actual Working, Residence and / or Business / Travel experiences in your assigned market will be a useful advantage
- A strong understanding of local and international business environment, as well as economic and political trends that impact doing business in your assigned market
- Enthusiasm and able to travel to your assigned market
- Familiarity with the business landscape of SEA countries, particularly Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar
- Ability to analyse in-depth different complex issues and put forth actionable solutions
- Keen sense of business acumen and experience in project management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken; including ability and experience in engaging stakeholders
- Fluency in your assigned market’s language will be a bonus but not critical
- Ability to handle cross cultural challenges
- Self-motivated and positive attitude, excellent work ethic and a team player
- Create and manage projects, events, and seminars to promote and develop trade and investments for SBF member companies for the China / North Asia regions
- Assist in facilitating key initiatives, such as Singapore-Apex Business Summit (SABS) and project commercialisation
- Assist and contribute to partnership building for key projects under SBF’s key initiatives
- Organise business activities such as business missions and facilitate formation of Singapore companies’ participation in trade fairs
- Drive China / North Asia market programmes and activities through marketing and coordination with all relevant parties
- Identify business trends and opportunities in China / North Asia and generate business opportunities for Singapore companies
- Maintain and enhance working relationships with local and foreign partners, including government bodies, business chambers / associations and Singapore and foreign companies
- Manage the database of companies and maintain relationships with them
- Conduct research work into different markets and industries
- Prepare and issue marketing materials
- At least 3 years’ experience in business development and/or marketing
- A good understanding of local and international business environments, and how economic and political trends impact business
- Relevant working experience in the relevant countries would be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Effectively bilingual, with good translation skills for business correspondence from English to Chinese and vice versa for the China region; Fluency in a North Asian language would be an added advantage for the North Asia region to liaise with associates from assigned markets
- Willing to travel
The Assistant Manager is given his/her own portfolio of geographic markets to oversee. Oversight of such markets require the Assistant Manager to operationalise strategies, plans, programs, and activities aimed at building knowledge, awareness, and the ecosystem within which businesses operate.
While the work of the Assistant Manager is rooted in the division’s 3L approach of helping Singapore companies “Learn, Land, and Localise”, s/he is also expected to undertake secretariat duties and participate in organisation-wide and/or department projects.
- Initiate and conduct research on markets, and identify key findings that have implications for companies, industries, or the Singapore business community in general. Research may include secondary (e.g. desktop reviews) or primary (e.g. in-market studies) research methods.
- Operationalise activities aimed at building awareness of portfolio markets, and/or motivating action by member companies; activities include, but are not limited to: Symposiums, Business Forums, Roundtables, Seminars/Webinars, Workshops, and outgoing Business Missions.
- Assist Singapore companies in their international growth, by making appropriate introductions to potential overseas counterparts and facilitating their discussions.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders; and provide administrative support where required. Identified stakeholders include, but are not limited to: Business Councils, Business Groups, Trade Associations and Chambers in Singapore/overseas.
- At least two years in a for-profit organisation required
- Basic understanding of business processes and organisational disciplines
- Basic ability to assess business performance and strategies through such means as analyses of financial reports
- Ability to research and understand situational factors impacting internationalising businesses such as political issues, social developments, and environmental concerns
- Inquisitive, open to new ideas, a self-starter who is adaptable to new situations and able to multitask
- Respectful of cultural, political, and socio-economic differences and diversity, and can lead communications and collaborations effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Advisory and Operations team supports SBF Global in three key functions (1) Resolve Singapore business community’s enquiries on overseas expansion received through GlobalConnect@SBF email, hotline, and GlobalConnect@SBF Hub. (2) Serve as a brand ambassador of SBF Global by curating and managing events that deliver superior client experience. (3) Administration support.
The function of this role is (1) to provide end to end operational support for SBF Global’s events (Meetings, Seminars or Webinars), (2) to collate, process and compile claims for events and (3) to provide administrative support to SBF Global departments.
1. Support internal stakeholders in SBF Global to organise and deliver events for excellent customer experience
This includes but not limited to:
- Facilitating discussions with internal departments to understand requirements and details of SBF Global events, providing professional input as appropriate
- Planning and organising SBF Global events with attention to resource, financial and time constraints and interfacing in line with budgetary controls
- Ensuring that events are conducted with the standards befitting the SBF Global brand
- Collate, compile and report data relating to event participation for reporting and analysis
- Booking and setting up of event venue
- Procurement of vendors or logistics items
- Working with vendors
- Handle event enquiries
- Ushering guests
- Manage registration (virtual or physical)
- Hosting and supporting webinar operation
- Perform proper financial and non-financial documentation
- Assist with claim processing
This may include but not limited to:
- Organise meetings
- Booking and preparation of meeting rooms
- Receive important guests
- Ensure departments follows financial procedures
- Tabulation of financial expenditure
- Prepare information for reporting
- Coordinating information collation from various departments
This includes but not limited to:
- Completing KPI reporting for Global Connect
- Supporting general administrative requests from internal stakeholders when required
- A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in event management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese
- Prior experience in events operations and/or customer fronting role
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Self-motivated, independent and a good team player
- MS Office proficiency
- Possession of excellent communication skills on all fronts
- Must have good interpersonal skills and must be easily approachable
- Must be someone who pays keen attention to details
- Good organisational and coordinating abilities
- Must be proactive and show a great level of creativity in carrying out assigned duties
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise assignments in the face of multiple duties
- Good time-management skill is a necessary requirement
- Must be able to work in a team environment or even lead a team if the need arises
Strategy & Development
Industry 4.0 has revolutionised the manufacturing industry. In order to implement I4.0 effectively, companies in the manufacturing sector need to undertake business process, technology and human capital transformation. SBF, in partnership with WSG, has introduced the Industry 4.0 Human Capital Initiative (IHCI) to help companies in this transformation.
Along with the appointed consultant(s), the programme will help manufacturing companies trial Industry 4.0 technology and be equipped with strategic HR / manpower capabilities to conduct job redesign and strategic HR / human capital interventions. In addition, a one-stop self-help portal provides companies with information and resources on how to launch Industry 4.0 transformation, organisation transformation and human capital upskilling successfully.
1. Market Research
- Identify and analyse industry trends, companies’ needs and industry demands
- Seek industry feedback on the programme for improvement
- Implement marketing and outreach efforts to drive awareness and uptake of programme. The marketing efforts include but are not limited to forums, workshops and learning journeys
- Provide enquirers with relevant information to fulfil their needs, and/or to connect enquirers with partners who can fulfil those needs
- Curate and publicise success stories at national and/or industrial platforms
- Oversee the registration and approval process for the IHCI enabler programme, including the administration of funds and claims
- See to all necessary reporting, including reporting to WSG on the IHCI on a regular basis
- Help manage communications with stakeholders (i.e. companies, technical team, agencies, etc.)
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- A good understanding of Industry 4.0, the challenges faced by companies (especially SMEs) in adopting Industry 4.0, and how these challenges may be overcome
- An understanding of job redesign or reskilling will be a bonus
- A good knowledge of government assistance programmes for companies
- Demonstrated strong project management and problem-solving skills. Resourceful.
- Fluent in English (written and oral), with the ability to communicate with companies and express complex issues simply and logically
- A collaborative mindset with strong stakeholder management skills including the ability to bring various parties together to achieve results
- Results-oriented with multi-tasking capabilities
- A passion for helping Singapore businesses
On 1 January 2018, SBF re-positioned itself as the apex business platform, working closely with other trade associations and chambers to promote the growth and vibrancy of the Singapore business community. We also act as the bridge between Singapore businesses and our Government. Beyond that, SBF is also looked upon to be an effective advocate, on behalf of trade associations, chambers and the business community, in providing well structured, evidence-based constructive insights and suggestions to the Government, as well as the building up of intellectual capacity in certain domain areas.
In view of SBF’s continuing effort in enhancing its support for businesses and facilitating the growth of the business community, the role of research is key in the provision of timely and deep sensing studies that shed meaningful insights on the overall Singapore business environment and issues that matter to the business community. To further deepen its expertise, SBF has established a Business Competitive Centre of Excellence and is looking for prospective candidates in the area of research who can create value and possess the passion in building a deep and substantial knowledge pool to enhance our role as an effective business advocate. As part of this, the theme of internationalisation plays a prominent role and prospective candidates should also be able to work on issues across markets and subject matters related to internationalisation.
- Support the department by performing statistical analyses as well as administrative and logistical tasks to enable the smooth running of projects. This includes record management including the electronic filing of documents and entry of information into databases maintained by the department.
- Conducting of polls and surveys. This includes data monitoring, gathering, making sense of findings and the preparation of these findings on slide decks.
- Conduct of business video showcases
- Putting together of financial claims pertaining to government funded activities
- Assist to gather and collate industry and research information as well as findings across markets and surveys
- Compiling of news, designing of collaterals (e.g., flyers, newsletters and market information packs) and the dissemination of such information
- Assist in organizing and facilitating focus group discussions and case studies interviews including managing invitations and registrations related to research activities
- Comfortable in liaising with government agencies, think-tanks, trade associations, business chambers and the business community at large
- Work closely with respective business units to understand and distil key areas of interest and concerns
- At least 2 - 3 years of relevant work experience
- Candidates without work experience, but with the necessary skillsets and a keen interest in the position, are also welcome to apply
- Well-versed with Microsoft Office applications, principally, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform video editing would be an advantage
- Meticulous / attention to detail is necessary
- Able to perform simple statistical analyses, data/information entry duties and the presentation of data findings on slides with high accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Comfortable in handling multiple tasks and projects
- A self-starter and an effective team player
Membership & TAC Engagement
The Senior Manager is responsible for the planning, implementation and management of key membership systems projects to improve SBF’s engagement with our members. Leading a team, the Senior Manager will collaborate with internal stakeholders in SBF in representing business needs in requirements, tendering, testing, implementation and ongoing management and maintenance. This role requires intensive interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders and is required to oversee multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Align business requirements from internal stakeholders together with IT colleagues and external stakeholders, including vendors and other external parties
- Manage and take ownership of timelines, ensuring project plans are in sync with organisation and divisional expectations
- Run collaboration meetings with internal and external stakeholders including kick off, updates and reviews to align requirements, deliverables, resources, and scope
- Manage expectations while controlling scope and proposing effective solutions
- Ensure project activities and milestones are managed on time, within scope and cost
- Optimising and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Track and manage resolution of issues
- Provide status updates to stakeholders
- Oversee the implementation and handover of completed project to operations, ensuring that documentation are performed to expectations
- Lead the coordination with IT colleagues and other stakeholders on the maintenance of developed systems, including enhancements from user perspective
- Oversee change management processes including:
- - Developing internal publicity and communication programs
- - Conducting meetings and training workshops with users
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience in project management or business operations management
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Leadership skills
- Big-picture thinking and vision
- Attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills
- Hands on day-to-day knowledge of updates and progress among all workstreams, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement or working to remove obstacles
The Assistant Manager provides support for the planning, implementation and management of key membership systems projects to improve SBF’s engagement with our members. This role requires intensive interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders and is required to be involved in multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Support the alignment of business requirements from internal stakeholders with SBF IT teams and external stakeholders, including vendors and other external parties
- Manage timelines, ensuring plans are in sync with organisation and divisional expectations
- Support or lead discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Liaise closely with stakeholders to provide overall project management support, including tracking and execution of implementation milestones and deliverables
- Support the team on administrative matters such as submission of progress reports, updates to management, documentation control, etc.
- Track budget utilisation according to approved budget and track expenditure
- Provide secretarial support to meetings
- Support in handover tasks to operations
- Support coordination with IT colleagues and other stakeholders on the maintenance of developed systems, including refinements and enhancements from user perspective
- Support change management processes including communications with internal stakeholders and meetings with users.
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience in project management or business operations management
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills
Jobs & Skills
Manage and market the Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) by meeting the key deliverables.
Provide administration to the programme from application to the funding support.
1. Manage and Market the PCP programme in accordance with the deliverables
- Plan and manage the training programmes signed up by the PCP participants
- Follow up with PCP participants on their documentation
- Follow up with training providers on the PCP training programme
- Manage the costing and expenses for the PCP
- Assessing, processing companies’ claims
- Ensure prompt claims from companies with full documentation
- Proper documentations for the programme funding
4. Other administrative matters related to the programme, marketing, meeting up companies and related activities
- Minimum 5 years of working experience
- Strong drive, proactive self-starter with creative mind
- A good understanding of international business environment
- Able to work within stipulated guidelines and deadlines to meet set objectives
- Ability to manage project and to work within stipulated guidelines and deadlines to meet set objectives
- Service Orientation towards both internal and external customers’ needs
- Positive and collaborative mindset, strong business acumen
- Passionate about innovation and building industry presence
- Strong drive, proactive
- Creative thinking
- Good customer service skills and likes to interact with people
- Strong teamwork
SBF has been appointed as the Program Manager for WSG’s SGUnited Traineeship and mid-career Pathways programmes. The objective of the SGUnited programmes is to help find traineeship opportunities for fresh graduates and flatten the unemployment curve for mid-career individuals.
Our role is to handle the end-to end application and disbursement of grants.
We have different sub-groups within the team
1. Applications Management – handle enquires and processing of applications.
2. Onboarding Management – handle enquires; generation of Letter of Offer; onboarding of host companies and trainees to the programme.
3. Database Management – handle enquires; capture of data; ensure data quality and generation of management reports.
4. Claims Management – handle enquires and processing of claims.
5. Feedback Management – handle enquires; feedback/complaints; investigate and follow through with companies.
6. Review Management – handle enquires; review documentations; investigate and identify discrepancies and follow through with companies.
- Proficient in MS office especially in Excel
- Have an eye for detail and be analytical
- Strong drive, proactive self-starter with creative mind
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task
- Results-oriented and good teamwork
- Good inter-personal skills with a pleasant personality
- Able to start work immediately or within short notice
As the Senior Executive/Executive of the Communications Department, you will drive communications initiatives for the Federation with a focus on marketing and digital communications.
You should be creative, driven and passionate about making a difference in the local business community. A strong work ethic and the ability to excel under deadline pressure is a must. As a member of a small team, you must be a good team player who brings creative ideas to the table and excel as an individual contributor. You should have a keen interest in social media and be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
- Plan, develop and implement communications strategies to boost the Federation’s online presence and increase engagement across social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat etc.)
- Manage the social media calendar and curate engaging and relatable content that speaks directly to target audience
- Work closely with business units on content creation and production of EDMs to drive participation in the Federation’s activities
- Support the development and management of the Federation’s digital assets including the corporate website and SBF’s online magazine BiZQ
- Support the production of corporate materials including videos, brochures, corporate gifts, and annual report etc.
- Assist in daily media monitoring, media relations and drafting of media materials
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent speaking and writing proficiency, with the ability to develop communication materials in an impactful and clear manner (writing samples required)
- Ability to produce creative content for media, social media and website through design, photography, and video production. (submission of demo reel & design portfolio required
- Good knowledge of SEO, Google analytics and Facebook insights, to assess the effectiveness of social media content and campaigns
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timelines
- Resourceful, meticulous and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A collaborative mindset and strong stakeholder management skills
- Passion for business, trade and economy issues is an advantage
Reporting to the Executive Director, Corporate Services Division, you will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance to statutory requirements (eg SBF Act, SBF constitution, Societies Act) and handle statutory filing with relevant government authorities
- Plan, organise, co-ordinate and support/attend corporate meetings of SBF (e.g. Board, Council and Committee meetings) and its subsidiaries
- Draft notices, resolutions, formulate meeting agenda, prepare board papers and ensure accurate documentation of minutes of meetings
- Take on role of se cretary of the council and board meetings to ensure timely and proper follow up
- Act as central key liaison/contact person for council related matters
- Plan and organise activities to enhance bonding and relationships between council members
- Ensure proper governance and control by putting in place proper policies, procedures and SOPs and ensure compliance
- Update and maintain efficient documents system & statutory register and ensure proper archival of important documents and records
- Facilitate legal advice required by colleagues and assist DPO on ensuring PDPA compliance within SBF
- Incorporation and registration of new companies within the Group
- Follow up actions required by Board and Council
- Any other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of experience in Corporate Secretariat or related role
- Team player
- Meticulous; Methodical approach with strong planning and management skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- High emotional quotient skills; Able to interact with people of different levels (e.g Board Level; Personal Assistants and etc)
- IT Savvy; Strong Microsoft Office knowledge would be an advantage
The position reports to the Director of Finance and works closely with the Finance team to meet the overall business goals and strategic needs of the organisation; and has the following responsibilities.
1. MS Navision System / ORACLE NetSuite (Accounts Payable)
- Responsible for the full AP function
- Maintain, update and housekeeping the vendor master file in NAVISION (NAV) System / ORACLE NetSuite and Sharepoint
- Reconcile AP Aging, follow up and resolved discrepancies with vendors and staff
- Provide guidance to staff on Purchase Order (PO) raising at NAV/NetSuite Systems
- Verify and input vendors’ invoices & staff claims into NAV/NetSuite System
- Ensure transactions comply with procurement policy and other financial policies and procedures, complete with supporting documents
- Process payments via bank transfers, GIRO and TT
- Liaise with vendors and staff on any payment queries, direct credit authorization forms and any others
- Input and compile missions & events costing to NAV/NetSuite System and Sharepoint
- Assist in Government Funding Programs and iMAP claims in preparing financial schedules
- Perform bank reconciliation (AP), GST computation and submission (AP) as well as cash flow projection
- Preparing audit schedules and liaising with external, internal and project auditors (if necessary)
- Any other duties & responsibilities as assigned
- At least 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in Finance or Accountancy
- Team player
- Positive working attitude
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Proficient in MS Dynamic NAVISION (NAV) System and/or ORACLE NetSuite
HR & Transformation
The incumbent will assist in the management of SBF Digital Transformation Strategy and Roadmap. S/he will drive the transformation from the business perspectives and is responsible for driving the overall Digital Transformation Initiative.
- Drive and manage the SBF Digital Transformation Roadmap, making SBF a digitalised organisation for SBF members and staff
- Serve as the Secretariat of the SBF Digital Transformation Steering Committee and as the critical point of contact for stakeholders
- Direct, oversee and review major initiatives, and help to surface projects for approval at the Steering Committee
- Lead project meetings and facilitate workshops as required, producing & presenting written and oral reports/management information to Senior Management and other groups as appropriate
- Ensure projects’ scope aligns with the Digital Transformation Framework and meets organisational goals and objectives
- Undertake detailed project planning & documentation (defining project deliverables, success criteria, benefits management, dependencies, change control, risk management) including escalating risks & issues as required
- Interact closely with business users and IT to set priorities, resolve conflicts and hold teams accountable for deliverables
- Identify user / customer training needs and ensure appropriate training is provided
- Responsible for developing a digital culture, identifying the relevant competencies to take on new digital strategies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Led and delivered large scale digital transformation projects, with hands-on experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in running large scale projects with oversight of at least 5 projects at any one time
- At least 5 years of experience with DevOps management
- Strong knowledge in project management framework and proven implementation experience
- Experience with running large scale tenders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and relationship management, including ability to engage, communicate with, influence and negotiate with senior management and stakeholders
- Persuasion and negotiating skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and demonstrate flexibility
- Appreciation of the latest technology trends in a business environment would be an added advantage
The Senior Manager will assist in the work towards SBF’s digital transformation in the areas of IT Infrastructure, specifically in the areas of Servers, Network, Security, and Enterprise Backup etc. You will also be responsible to oversee the IT Operation, specifically in areas of End-User Support.
You will be responsible to manage the project for the implementation of the IT Infrastructure or services and ensure it meets the business operation goals.
You are a decisive and driven individual who takes a proactive approach to analyse business requirements with stakeholders and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. You will need to be a capable project manager with project management knowledge as well as a good communicator.
- Manage the implementation of network and infrastructure related projects
- Provide IT Network/Infrastructure leadership and input
- Manage the vendors, contracts on the maintenance and support of the IT Infrastructure and services
- Oversee the outsourced IT Infrastructure and Operation team
- Preparation of Project Management Plan, project related technical document and management reports
- Assist user in the preparation of guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to the systems
- - Provide technical consultation (i.e. market research and feasibility studies) to Users on new technologies
- Review, manage, and recommend best IT practices/ processes/ service management techniques and maintain documentations, as and when applicable
- Ensure compliance with the IT management and security policy and standards etc.
- Preferably 3-5 years working experience in managing ICT projects preferably with involvement throughout the entire project lifecycle
- At least 5 years of hands-on Infrastructure experience
- Preferably with Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Shall have good working knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- - Network design LANs, WAN, TCP/IP, Virtualization
- - Wireless Communication Systems
- - Infrastructure to support ICT equipment
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, you will support the HR strategy and operations through the formulation and review of HR policies and procedures. You will also play a key role in leading the compensation and benefits function to ensure a robust compensation and benefits structure that aligns with the overall objectives and strategic needs of the organisation. You will also develop and manage employee engagement strategies and activities to develop a highly engaged organisation.
A highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic individual with strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage and adapt to changes in a fast-paced work culture will be a pre-requisite for the role. You should also possess excellent interpersonal, people management and collaboration skills, be resourceful and possess positive work attitude and analytical mindset; and a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Formulate and review HR policies to identify and recommend changes and enhancements on legislation and regulatory updates, changes in organisational objectives/ workforce needs and best market practices
- Provide advice on interpretation and application of HR policies to internal stakeholders at all levels
- Drive and execute compensation & benefits strategies and processes such as salary review, budgeting, benefits administration and other compensation and benefits initiatives to ensure competitiveness and compliance with statutory requirements
- Develop and maintain a consistent compensation philosophy in line with organisational objectives
- Serve as the point of contact regarding all compensation and benefits related matters
- Keep abreast of local markets trends and practices, provide market insights and make recommendations, in line with compensation and benefits strategies to attract and retain talents
- Collaborate with leaders to develop and execute employee engagement strategies and activities that foster growth, drive performance, increase employee satisfaction and sense of belonging
- Identify, track, and analyse metrics of employee engagement efforts and assess effectiveness
- Derive insights from the employee engagement analysis and learning from industry best practices and recommend areas for improvements to develop a highly engaged organisation
- Preferably at least 8 years of relevant human resource development experience with focus on policy formulation, compensation and benefits and employee engagement
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of employee benefits and legislations
- Sound knowledge and understanding of HR practices and systems
- Experience in leveraging technology and data to generate insights as foundation for diagnosis, recommendations, and decisions
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Excel and HR Management System