ActivitiesOur all-year-round activities include:
Conversations for Change - Profit with Purpose: The Pathway to Lasting Business Resilience (24 Aug 2021)
- In collaboration with Sustainable Employment, YBLN invited Caroline Seow, Benjamin Chua, Jacqui Hocking and Robin Pho to share their journeys of building resilient businesses with a purpose, how they redefined business success, and how enterprises strive not to be "best-in-the-world" but "best-for-the-world”.
Members’ Engagement Session – Drink Night ~ Good Vibes Only at Jiu Zhuang Dempsey (28 Apr 2021)
- A great way to unwind the day by gathering the tech-savvy individuals together over drinks. Graciously hosted by YBLN Vice-Chair, Mr Mark Lee, these get-together sessions aim to foster an engaging community for our members to meet peers, share experiences, and possible partnership explorations.
Members’ Engagement Session – Drink Night ~ Let’s Have A Get Together at Publico (21 Mar 2021)
- To build a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive network, YBLN organises small and highly interactive sessions with the members on a regular basis. Hosted by YBLN’s Exco member, Mr. Suhaimi Zainul-Abidin, it was a fun-filled night with a group of finance enthusiasts.
Dialogue with Minister Chan Chun Sing: Opportunity of A Generation (3 December 2020)
- A special conversation with Minister of Trade and Industry Chan Chun Sing to cap off the year on the global economic landscape, and how young business leaders can play a vital role in the future of our economy. The dialogue was moderated by Suhaimi Zainul-Abidin.
Fireside Chat: Leading During & After Crisis (15 June 2020)
- YBLN’s second Fireside Chat had Sajen Aswani, Chief Executive of Tolaram Group and Tan Chin Hwee, Asia-Pacific Chief Executive of Trafigura Group share what they forecast and how they are positioning themselves for the future. This Fireside Chat was moderated by Fang Eu-Lin, Partner of PwC Singapore.
AYEC Cambodia Delegation (11 Oct 2019)
- Eleven young entrepreneurs from Cambodia, led by the President of Young Entrepreneurs Association of Cambodia, met their Singapore counterparts including Chong Ee Rong, Chairperson of YBLN Exco, Mark Lee, Vice Chair of YBLN Exco, TS Teo, MD of PIL Logistics, and SS Teo, SBF Chairman, at a networking dinner. The Royal Ambassador of Cambodia to Singapore was the Guest-of-Honour.
AYEC Carnival and Meeting, Bangkok (2-3 Sep 2019)
- Three YBLN Singapore members presented at the ASEAN Young Entrepreneurs Council Carnival and Meeting, and met and networked with more than 350 participants from 10 ASEAN countries.
Fireside Chat: Stewardship in Business (29 Aug 2019)
- YBLN's first Fireside Chat had distinguished guest speakers Beh Swan Gin, Chairman of Economic Development Board, and Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara, Chief Executive of Temasek International, share their thoughts on the stewardship mindset and values Singapore businesses need to have to navigate today's economic climate.
ASEAN Economic & Trade Activity, China (27-31 May 2019)
- The China Young Entrepreneurs’ Association hosted YBLN Singapore members at the ASEAN Economic & Trade Activity. They attended a business matching session, heard about investment opportunities, and visited leading Ningxia companies and conglomerates.
Building Purposeful Brands (16 Apr 2019)
- Twenty-four YBLN members attended a workshop conducted by Daniel Comar, Geometry Asia Pacific, on how brands with clarity of purpose can achieve greater success.
Roundtable with David Werdiger (31 Jan 2019)
- This interactive session focused on maintaining the critical harmony and balance in both the family and business when there is a family business succession transfer. There was also a discussion on preserving family values as one's business internationalises.