ActivitiesOur all-year-round activities include:
Dialogue with Minister Chan Chun Sing: Opportunity of A Generation (3 December 2020)
- A special conversation with Minister of Trade and Industry Chan Chun Sing to cap off the year on the global economic landscape, and how young business leaders can play a vital role in the future of our economy. The dialogue was moderated by Suhaimi Zainul-Abidin.
- YBLN’s second Fireside Chat had Sajen Aswani, Chief Executive of Tolaram Group and Tan Chin Hwee, Asia-Pacific Chief Executive of Trafigura Group share what they forecast and how they are positioning themselves for the future. This Fireside Chat was moderated by Fang Eu-Lin, Partner of PwC Singapore.
- Eleven young entrepreneurs from Cambodia, led by the President of Young Entrepreneurs Association of Cambodia, met their Singapore counterparts including Chong Ee Rong, Chairperson of YBLN Exco, Mark Lee, Vice Chair of YBLN Exco, TS Teo, MD of PIL Logistics, and SS Teo, SBF Chairman, at a networking dinner. The Royal Ambassador of Cambodia to Singapore was the Guest-of-Honour.
- Three YBLN Singapore members presented at the ASEAN Young Entrepreneurs Council Carnival and Meeting, and met and networked with more than 350 participants from 10 ASEAN countries.
- YBLN's first Fireside Chat had distinguished guest speakers Beh Swan Gin, Chairman of Economic Development Board, and Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara, Chief Executive of Temasek International, share their thoughts on the stewardship mindset and values Singapore businesses need to have to navigate today's economic climate.
- The China Young Entrepreneurs’ Association hosted YBLN Singapore members at the ASEAN Economic & Trade Activity. They attended a business matching session, heard about investment opportunities, and visited leading Ningxia companies and conglomerates.
- Twenty-four YBLN members attended a workshop conducted by Daniel Comar, Geometry Asia Pacific, on how brands with clarity of purpose can achieve greater success.
- This interactive session focused on maintaining the critical harmony and balance in both the family and business when there is a family business succession transfer. There was also a discussion on preserving family values as one's business internationalises.